Ok…the seed was planted a looooong time ago. At the time I was at the age of 16 and recovering from having my meniscus removed. I went to my Uncle’s gym for therapy, next thing you know…I was loving it. It was around that time that I fell in love with Body Building, and one woman in particular inspired me, Rachel McLish. I wanted to compete so bad, but it would have to way.
So, life happened, school, work, children…divorce…20’s gone, then 30’s show up…and so does the mid-section fat!!! OUPS!!!….Fast forward…Confidence back, great husband, back at the gym….and then, the seed was planted, the trainer was a great one, the gym my second home, my husband supportive, I dared go back to that dream of some 20 years earlier. For my first competition that was October 10th 2009, I took over 6 months to get ready for it, all I wanted is to look like I belong…Well this is how events unfolded for me.
IDFA First Place, overall Open Figure category
OPA – 2009
Level 2 Master Figure, 3rd place,
Level 1 Figure short, 2nd place,
· Competing with my friend and the road trips
· Showing my kids to live their dreams and finish what they commit too
· Meeting great women that actually understand what it takes to do this
· Seeing my name in the Inside Fitness Magazine 😀
· Knowing what I made off!
· July 2011 – IDFA Pro Figure Athlete
· Canadians, Top 10
· Provincial Figure Overall Champion